The best benefit of a gazebo is that it gets you “out there” – in the outdoors – on your own property.
Let’s say you have a nice view to your backyard. You may gaze at it from inside, but rarely go out and enjoy it. Why not? It’s likely because there’s nothing that draws you – no comfortable place that beckons.
There’s something about a sheltered space that is inviting. Is it the shade of the gazebo’s roof, the comfortable benches, or the architectural beauty of the design? For whatever reason, when we see a gazebo, we want to go in it.
Here are the Top 3 Benefits of a Gazebo:
Another great thing about a gazebo is its flexibility in terms of design options.
- You can put your gazebo in a hidden spot that’s private and cozy or in a location convenient to your house.
- The roof can completely protect you from sun and rain, or it can provide an open-air environment with partial shade.
- Your gazebo can have no walls or low walls that come up to three or four feet.
- You can also have screened walls that let in all the sights, sounds and outdoor breezes but keep out mosquitoes.
- A gazebo’s shape can be octagon, square, round, or even oval.
Read our Gazebo Buyer’s Guide to for more information on design options.
Because it can be an open space or have walls, a gazebo can be used for an amazing variety of activities.
- An intimate space for quiet conversations.
- A wedding venue.
- An outdoor kitchen.
- A peaceful place to do yoga, weight training, or an exercise video.
- A protected space for a fire pit.
- A shelter for your hot tub. At Black Pine Spas, we offer both hot tubs and gazebos that act as spa enclosures.
Enjoying the Moment
A more subtle benefit of having a gazebo is that it gives you a place to do nothing. It gives you a chance to relax and enjoy the moment.